Affiliate Marketing is a great way to earn a living, but unfortunately people get discouraged and drop out of programs because they don’t see income coming in quickly. Being an Affiliate Marketer is not a get rich quick scheme.
- Misconception – The most common misconception about Affiliate Marketing is that you can rake in huge amounts of monies by simply slapping up a low-quality website with no original content and tossing in a few affiliate links here and there.
- Original Content – Yes it’s true you need a website up and running but you also need to work at writing original content for your site.
- Promoting yourself and your website is a huge part of being an Affiliate Marketer. No-one will see your site unless you promote it. You need to make time to getting the word out about your site otherwise the chances of people visiting your site and clicking your affiliate links will be pretty slim.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Far too many people assume that somehow the Internet magically captures every word on the website and magically have it show up prominently in places like Search Engines…. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN! Taking time to research keywords, craft content related to them and then optimizing your site is an absolute must.
- Offline & Other Online Marketing – BUT…. marketing is bigger than just SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You need to make every effort in getting your website out there and using every legitimate means of promoting your site, from leaving Business Cards on restaurant tables to posting printed ads in the local supermarket to listing your site at online business and informational sites.
- Choose the correct products – Another mistake many affiliates make is not choosing products that are relevant to the content of their website.e.g. you run a wonderful web site about the care and training of dogs. People will visit your site to see the images of your pets, read your comments on various aspects of dog training, and perhaps to post a message or two. Since your visitors will already have an expressed interest in pets, why not make sure the ads that reside on your site have to do with some aspect of pets or pet care? You will earn much more money if this is the case, rather than having ads that have to do with home decorating or some other subject.
- Keep your website fresh – Keep the content on your website fresh is a way of building and keeping a loyal reading audience.If there is a reason to check back with your site every week, then chances are repeat visitors will click on ads that appear to be new to them, or that they enjoyed looking at the last time they visited your site.Keeping the same old look and the same old text with nothing new to entice people back is a sure way to limit your chances at being a successful affiliate marketer.
The more common mistakes all track back to thinking that you do not have to do anything in order to generate revenue on your website.
The fact of the matter is, you do have to proactively promote your site, keep the content fresh, and make sure the ads have some connection to the content of your website.
By taking the time and effort to do these things, you will have much better chances at being a success with affiliate marketing.
I will be shortly announcing my “Blogging Workshop”. Within this workshop I will show you how to set up your blog, write your posts and get traffic to it.
Spaces will be limited so if you think it is something you would like to do but haven’t a clue where to start please complete the form below to show your interest and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have a date arranged.
Please complete your details below. Once the Workshop has been arranged I’ll contact you with full details
We value your privacy and would never spam you
This page contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.